At Harmony Homes, we want to make the process of owning your own home easy and exciting! Don’t let the process of building your dream home seem overwhelming. We are ready to make this a successful experience so you can realize your dream. We have created a guide below that will make this process easier to understand and move your build forward step by step. This will give you peace of mind as you will know what to expect each step of the way. We hope you will consider working with us here at Harmony Homes as you can expect a higher level of excellence, many years of experience and lots of value for your new home.
- To build or not to build? This decision determines the rest of your home-buying process. You could select a home that is already under construction and hopefully make a few selections to make it your own. Or you could buy a new construction home that is already completed and move in ready. Then again, you could decide to build from scratch, either selecting a floor plan or working with Harmony Homes to find or draw your house plan dream.
- The financing process…The first step in this process is to select a Lender and make application for financing. Upon pre-approval, you will receive a letter from your Lender and submit this to the Builder. Sometimes the Builder may offer to pay part of your closing costs.
- Lot selection…This is a very important step – deciding WHERE you want your new home – which area and which lot! Your Builder will work to help you find the perfect spot!
- Making it YOUR home! This part is a lot of fun – making selections for your new home. You may be able to select paint colors, cabinetry, countertops, flooring, lighting fixtures, style of doors and hardware, brick and siding colors, etc. At Harmony Homes, many of the “upgrades” are standard in our homes. However, at this point, you may elect to upgrade several items to add value to your home.
- Building your Dream Home! Once you have selected your lot and floor plan, the construction phase will begin. You can expect Progress Meetings with your Realtor and Builder. Allow 4-6 months to complete the building process. Towards the end of construction, there will be a final walk-through.
- After all building processes are approved, you will move forward to closing on your new home. Harmony Homes offers a one year Builders Warranty and we always strive to provide our clients with a home they can be proud of. Our commitment to you, your home and your community is one that WE are proud of.